Falling branches, toppling tree trunks and the risk of chainsaw cuts are just some of the dangers to which the feet of lumberjacks and loggers are exposed. The Protector Alpin by HAIX offers cut protection class 3 and will shield you in any situation. A broad and padded toe cap helps prevent injury to the toes.
Liquids such as oil and petrol are unable to penetrate when you undertake activities such as maintaining electronic equipment or fuelling construction vehicles. The Protector Alpin is also resistant against heat and cold. This makes it perfectly suited to working with black, heat-reflecting pond linings in summer or to clearing snow in winter.
Stability across any terrain
The areas in which landscape gardeners work are highly diverse. Flexible footwear is, therefore, very much required. The Protector Alpin by HAIX provides a firm grip on wet leaves, icy pathways or steep slopes. Its robust rubber and PU (polyurethane) sole is highly abrasion resistant and guarantees a secure foothold on slippery ground.
Spikes attached to the outsole ensure a good lateral grip on tree trunks when carrying out felling work. Gardeners working on particularly steep or icy terrain may also like to equip their boots with crampons to prevent any possibility of slipping.
Comfort for the feet and joints
It may well be that hard physical work will bring you out in a sweat. The HAIX Protector Alpin is a highly breathable boot which prevents build-up of internal moisture. A GORE-TEX® membrane consisting of four-ply laminate enables warm and damp air to be expelled, whilst an integrated fleece insole and an anatomically formed inlay also absorb sweat extremely effectively.
The Protector Alpin is also completely watertight. When working in the rain or watering flower beds, you can also be sure that your feet will remain dry. Further comfort is provided by an impact-absorbing PU wedge integrated into the sole. This cushions your steps and reduces pressure on the muscles and joints.
- The HAIX Protector Alpin is manufactured in high quality bull leather. This material is about three millimetres thick and especially breathable.
- The foot and calf areas can be laced to different tightnesses in order to provide a perfect individual fit.
- Long and hard-wearing threads are integrated into the boot. This means that the HAIX Protector Alpin fulfils the characteristics of cut protection class 3 and is able to withstand chainsaw speeds of up to 28 m/s. The boot’s double tongue can be individually adapted to your foot via two strip fasteners at the bottom and top ends.
Lining, inlays, toe cap
- The HAIX Protector Alpin features an inner lining made of abrasion-resistant fabric.
- A four-ply GORE-TEX® laminate keeps it both waterproof and highly breathable.
- The pumping motion generated as you move along helps to expel warm moist air.
- An anatomically formed insole absorbs moisture before bacteria can cause any unpleasant odours. This inlay can also be removed and washed if required.
- A stable plastic/fleece insole integrated into the boot keeps your feet dry by assisting with the moisture absorption process. It also reduces discomfort from individual pressure points created when, for example, you walk across stony ground.
- This is a boot which offers a high degree of torsion resistance – i.e. extra lateral stability to prevent any twisting. All of this ensures a firm grip at all times and safe passage across unpaved roads which may be covered with snow, stones or ice.
- An anatomically formed toe cap protects the front foot area against any injuries which may potentially be caused by falling objects. The toe cap is padded and extra wide so as to afford plenty of space.
- The outsole of the HAIX Protector Alpin comprises a hard-wearing mix of rubber and PU (polyurethane). This offers a particularly high degree of slip resistance.
- The rubber used in the manufacture of the sole is also colour fast and will not leave any black marks on light-coloured surfaces.
- A bold tread provides a perfect grip on any terrain, whilst rubber edging gives additional stability.
- The spikes in the sole area can be changed to avoid any danger of slipping on moderate slopes. Crampons can be attached to the outsole if you are working on steeper ground.
- The sole of the HAIX Protector Alpin prevents any penetration by oil and petrol and insulates against the heat and cold.
- At the same time, an impact-absorbing integrated PU wedge cushions your steps and thus reduces pressure on the joints.
The Protector Alpin is an ideal cut protection boot for professional gardeners. It has been awarded the “KWF PROFI” seal of quality by the German Forestry Advisory Board and offers a perfect combination of functionality, safety and comfort. It is also guaranteed to be extremely durable, stable and slip resistant. Order your new HAIX professional safety boots now.
This high-tech chainsaw boot offers comprehensive protection and fantastic grip for operations on steep slopes, slippery terrain and icy pathways. The Protector Alpin features a sole that takes inspiration from nature itself, with an integrated claw element in the bridge of the boot that prevents slipping off to the side when moving over branches and twigs. This also significantly reduces the risk of slipping on dead and waste timber or on wet surfaces and tree trunks.
Integrated chainsaw protective threads allow the Protector Alpin to withstand chainsaw speeds of up to 28 m/s, providing class 3 cut protection compliant with EN 20345:2011. Its broad and padded toe cap offers additional protection to prevent injury to the toes, while liquids such as oil and petrol are unable to penetrate the boot. The Protector Alpin is also resistant against heat and cold. Its GORE-TEX inner lining is both waterproof and breathable, giving you optimised climate comfort for all seasons – even under extreme conditions. The Protector Alpin also features HAIX’s patented Climate System, preventing the wearer’s feet from overheating, for cool, dry and fresh feet in all conditions.
EN ISO 20345:2011 S2 HRO HI CI WR SRA